Oct 29, 2013

Jack-o-Lantern Preschool Songs for Halloween




The following felt pieces were created for the classic, Five Little Pumpkins, but I always extend the use of pumpkin felts with the following songs. To begin, turn one or all of the pumpkins around so the face is not showing.


Song #1
To the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

I am a pumpkin, orange and round.
You will find me on the ground.
Sometimes big, and sometimes small,
You will find me when it's fall.
I am a pumpkin, orange and round.
You will find me on the ground.




Song#2
To the tune of Sing a Song of Six Pence

First you take a pumpkin, big and round and fat

Then carve the top off, and that will make the hat
Then you carve the nose out, the mouth and the eyes
Show to the children for a Halloween surprise!


Then of course, turn the felt pumpkin around to finish the song, and finally you could sing

To the tune of I'm a Little Teapot

I'm a Jack-o-lantern, look at me
I'm as happy as I can be
Put a candle in, and light the light
Don't be frightened, it's Halloween night.



Sometimes, it doesn't take alot of felt pieces to entertain children :)





No comments:

Post a Comment