Mar 22, 2014

Rain Felt Board Ideas




It's raining again, where I live, and although it's typical of our weather cycle on the Pacific West Coast, it would be nice to see a sunny day. So, with this outside world, my blog entry today is all about rain.


A poem for the above felt umbrellas, which is great for fostering math!

Umbrella Felt Board Poem

Five umbrellas waiting for rain to pour
One was picked, and now there are four
Four umbrellas, saying pick me, pick me!
One was taken, and now there are three
Three umbrellas, wondering what to do
One was chosen, and now there are two
Two umbrellas waiting for some fun
One was picked and now there is one
One little umbrella, the rain is all done
He went home and now there are none.



The following felt pieces, I made this week to contribute to my rain theme, and they are so easy to make and I think, awfully cute!


Rain Felt Board Poem

5 Little Raindrops

Five little raindrops plopping on the floor,

One plopped away, and then there were four.

Four little raindrops dripping on the trees,

One dripped away, and then there were three.

Three little raindrops splashing on my shoe,

One splashed away, and then there were two.

Two little raindrops starting to run,

One ran off, and then there was one.

One little raindrop drying in the sun,

It dried all up, and then there were none!



Further Reading Suggestion :

Cloud Preschool Lesson Plan


Online Early Childhood Workshops with Circle of Ideas


No comments:

Post a Comment